 Local / Australia / 11377
Re: NASA sets at K-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 03:58:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:

    7470 Space Shuttle Discovery
826 elements, 0 figures, US$50, 2003
LEGO > Discovery > NASA
AUD$89

I don’t have time to write a proper review but I have to say that the 7470 Space Shuttle Discovery is a superb set. Fun to build, good to look at (very much in the Model Team spirit) and great for re-usable parts in useful colours (including curved white pieces in vast quantities) at a reasonable price. And, yes, it goes swoosh!

To my mind it is the best of these NASA sets.

Hmm, I think that personally I’d be performing a “Richard Parsons Project” on it. The tail and engines definitely need work - I’d try to bring them more in line with my attempt at the Space Shuttle orbiter, which I feel turned out pretty well in those areas:

Cheers,