 Local / Australia / 11247
Re: Studfest [roman numeral for this one, there having been so many I have lost count]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 05:00:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
   Hi gang, We had planned to have the next fest here in Mittagong, the first Sunday in August. Dreadfully unfortunately I won’t be able to be here for this weekend (which makes having it here and this weekend a bit problematic). There would seem to be two alternatives: - someone else organises to hold it somewhere else on this weekend (3 Aug)

Much as I’m happy to be a defult venue, my place is not the spacious. I suggested ships as a theme (not that we really do themes), this means a little more space than usual. OTOH ships being mostly singular large models,

They tend to be... although my latest experimentation is in making them smaller; witness my Short Black Seas Barracuda (SBSB to its friends).

   a public venue where we just rock up and hog some space is a possibility.

Do you know of such a public place?

  1. I organise it here for the following weekend (10 Aug)

If we go with the Mittagong option, could I propose Saturday rather than Sunday? That way we avoid the ski crowd on the way home...

   I will be working that weekend. Not that my attendence is a prerequisite of any meeting STUDS has, but I would like to be involved. Conversely to above having it on the 3rd means Richard can’t go. So as a third suggestion,

Meeting on the 3rd w/end in Aug (17th or 18th).

That would work for me.

   James (who is happy to have a little more building time)

Cheers

Richie Dulin

   Port Brique
Somewhere in the South Pacifique