 Local / Australia / 11085
11084  |  11086
Subject:
Sorry this is SOOO late - Brisbane Miniture Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:32:15 GMT

Sorry all this was ment to be posted early May 2003

Well its over for another year, the Brisbane Miniture Train Show, that is.
First off many thanks to the people of Brisbane (not many of you will read
this but none the less) for loving our diplay so much.
Secondly I will thank all the members of BUGS (Brisbane Lego Users Group)
who helped to make this a successfull event for us. The guilty members
include Peter Parsons, Gary Quinlan, Ken Wilson, Kerry Raymond, Tara
Anderson, Micheal Dallaston, Mark Harrison, and my self Aaron Coghill.
Without these people the display would not have been as good as it was.

The show was only our second public display, (the first was last years
show). This years display was larger than last, and in doing do able to
present a larger display with more track (obvoilsly ) that was easier to
view. The layout was a large loop with 3 running tracks and lots of
switching tracks to enable trains to change loops in both directions. We
also had a switching track that enabled a train to move from the inside to
the outside via a large bridge. May other features such as a small
construction site, a town area, freight yards, lots of diggers, rail
station, a park, and may other small features made this a successful
display.

Pics & videos can be accessed at:

may thanks to all BUGS members who contributed to the day, and to the crowd
for their enthusiasim re the layout. Also a special thank you to the young
child that proudly told his parents that our display was way better than the
offical Lego show that was on at the same time :

Cheers
--
Aaron Coghill coghilla@austarnet.com.au
Lugnet #676