 Local / Australia / 10690
Re: Power on! (More LEGO at the Powerhouse museum)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 03:40:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
The "magic of myth" show, the Star Wars exhibition has been extended to the
end of the month. More time to pick up half price RBRs.

I finally found time to visit on Saturday. I haven't quite decided about the
MoM display... I can't figure out if the myth motif stuff is insightful,
coincidental or just pretentious. Having seen the video of George Lucas
being interviewed, I'm leaning toward the latter.

Certainly, some of the props seem to be showing their age.

If you're planning to go, make sure to go soon. It finishes, IIRC, 23/2.

And whilst you're there, 2003 series Star Wars sets.
My sister went on the w/end and they were giving out Jabba's Message (one of
the small sets like jedi duel I/II). Being nice she's passed it on to me
(with the R2 and 3PO missing, not that I mind that).

On Saturday, they only had the Geo. fighter and the Skyhopper - and they
were giving away neither :-(

The display model of the Natasha is looking a bit the worse for wear... I
suspect someone's been conducting swooshability tests on it.

The good deal they seemed to have (beside the RBR) was the HP troll attack
set for $14.95.

LEGO seems to be having an ongoing involvement with the Powerhouse, the
exhibition Special FX II is due to open soon, and will include LEGO
animation stuff.

If you're heading to the Powerhouse, I suggest skipping the Powerhouse's
cafe, and visiting the pie shop just outside the museum. They, among other
things, supply Harry's Cafe de wheels, and their product is excellent. Their
beef - and it is beef - is tender, their crusts crisp.

Cheers

Richie