 Local / Australia / 10681
Re: MUGS 2003-1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:47:34 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
Scrigbys Embroidery Designs - http://www.scrigbys.com
Wow! Are these designs all done by your wife?
Yes, she has been tinkering away for quite a while now.  That is why she
doesn't have time to play with Lego.  I've been tinkering with some designs
myself, but nothing that is on the website.

When do we get the Lego versions? :-)
Not in the near future, not sure if there is much call for Lego doilys.

Nice WWW site too!
That I can claim responsibility for, thanks.

If I had any interest in embroidery, I'd be ordering!
Why not?  You know you want too! :-)

Not owning such a machine, am I right in thinking that you simply load
the design into the machine, add thread of the right colours and sit
back and watch it be created?
Yep, that's about it.  On your home brand sewing machine, you can only load
one colour at a time, so you have to change colours when it prompts you.
Industrial machines can have multiple colours loaded so you don't have to
change colours while it is sewing.  You might want to watch it sew out a
design for the first time, but since some of the designs can take an hour or
more, you usually wander off and do something else.

Martin
Scrigbys Embroidery Designs - http://www.scrigbys.com