 Local / Australia / 10655
Re: Are LEGO going for military models now?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 08:46:30 GMT

"Benjamin Whytcross" <b_whytcross@hotmail.com> writes:

After looking at the following set:
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Set=1149-1

It would seem that LEGO are working towards building military
models...This one looks rather like an attack shopper with 'radar'
and SAM battery...though this could just be my seeing something that
isn't intended to be there.

I agree.  What makes the chopper look like an attach chopper is the
profile of the cockpit, I think.  On the other hand, the floats on the
side don't make too much sense for an attack chopper.  And besides, it
doesn't appear to have the weapon mounts on the sides.  (They're not
weapons, they're tools!)

But the small thing on the ground scares me even more, what can it
possibly be if not a SAM site?  Perhaps a set of spotlights?

Fredrik