 Local / Australia / 10640
  Are LEGO going for military models now?

After looking at the following set: (URL) would seem that LEGO are working towards building military models...This one looks rather like an attack shopper with 'radar' and SAM battery...though this could just be my seeing something that isn't (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Are LEGO going for military models now?

(...) According to S@H, its an Air Police Helicopter. The alternate model looks like a SAM site to me. -Brad (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Are LEGO going for military models now?

(...) Is that like road rage with a shopping trolley on a serious level? Martin (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Are LEGO going for military models now?

(...) I've heard that refered to in the media as 'trolley rage'. Steve (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Are LEGO going for military models now?

The sheriff or police emblem seems pretty clear. I think the 'rocket launchers' are supposed to be landing skids (yeah, right). I definitely agree that alternate models seems like it has to be a SAM launcher... what else could it be? SAMs for the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Are LEGO going for military models now?

(...) Agreed, it looks like a SAM battery, and isn't that a bit unappropriate for a set that was originally exclusive to airline companies (according to Brickset). Nothing more that I want to think about as I'm on a flight than surface-to-air (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Are LEGO going for military models now?

(...) No, they'd be floats/sponsons like the Coast Guard used to use (see (URL) ) Cheers Richie Dulin (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: Are LEGO going for military models now?

(...) I agree. What makes the chopper look like an attach chopper is the profile of the cockpit, I think. On the other hand, the floats on the side don't make too much sense for an attack chopper. And besides, it doesn't appear to have the weapon (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.military)