 Local / Australia / 10578
10577  |  10579
Subject:
BUGs meet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:40:27 GMT

Are there any plans for the next BUGs meet? My brother's keen to show off
his vintage Technic (ahem... 'Expert Builder') sets he picked up from Mum's
over Christmas. Namely: 8860, 956, 8848 and 8859. I'll be bringing my old
857. Possibility of a nostalgia themed meet?

I went around to his place last Thursday to help him assemble them. It was
just like old times, apart from the row of empty longnecks at the end of the
night.

I was priveleged enough to build up the 8860 for the first time (I wasn't
allowed to touch his Lego when we were kids :). What a sweet model, and such
light and tight steering achieved with mere plates and turntables.

Cheers,
Allister