 Local / Australia / 10608
Re: BUGs meet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:16:49 GMT

Sounds good Mark,
Aaron

"Mark Harrison" <harro1@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
news:H99J1E.LzH@lugnet.com...
Hi Allister,

I've volunteered to have the next one at my place, but when?
Sometime in early February maybe.

What do others think a good date would be?

A nostalgia themed meet sounds great to me.

Mark H.

"Allister McLaren" <allistermclaren@bigpond.com> wrote in message
Are there any plans for the next BUGs meet? My brother's keen to show • off
his vintage Technic (ahem... 'Expert Builder') sets he picked up from • Mum's
over Christmas. Namely: 8860, 956, 8848 and 8859. I'll be bringing my • old
857. Possibility of a nostalgia themed meet?

I went around to his place last Thursday to help him assemble them. It • was
just like old times, apart from the row of empty longnecks at the end of • the
night.

I was priveleged enough to build up the 8860 for the first time (I • wasn't
allowed to touch his Lego when we were kids :). What a sweet model, and • such
light and tight steering achieved with mere plates and turntables.

Cheers,
Allister