 Local / Australia / 10057
  Current Sales

In my letter box yesterday: KMart: 20% off toys Wed 6 - Fri 8 November (usual exclusions apply) Tandy: Dark Side Developer kit $75.86 (claimed as an exclusive - presumably DSE have handed all the remaining stock over to Tandy to shift). Cheers (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Current Sales

(...) I got a Dick Smith catalog in my local paper on Saturday. they had the Dark Side Developer Kit for $75.87 on the front page. This sale goes from the 2nd to the 17th of Nov so I don't know where Tandy's "Exclusive" came from... Trav (-|-) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Current Sales

Ah, that would be the time-honoured and apparently quite effective adverstising technique known as lying. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Current Sales

(...) Not necessarily lying. IIRC, Tandy is now just a business name of one of Dick Smith Electronics companies (ultimately owned by Woolworths). Both outlets of one company could probably share an 'exclusive' without it being technically lying (nor (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Current Sales

(...) Well I ask myself that sometimes... But they do in some areas, stock different stuff... I find K-mart are more hardware/outside house type stuff... and target more inside house stuff... and then the rest is more or less the same... The good (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)