 LEGOLAND / California / 822
Re: Miniland Models To Be Auctioned For Charity
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:51:46 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, William Webb wrote:
In lugnet.legoland.california, Abner Finley wrote:
In lugnet.legoland.california, John Cooper wrote:
In lugnet.legoland.california, John Cooper wrote:
LEGOLAND California is planning a major miniland addition; Miniland Las
Vegas, scheduled to open March 29th. To make room for Vegas, most of the
New England Harbor part of miniland was removed.

Starting March 1st (through March 23, I believe), models from Miniland New
England will be auctioned on eBay to raise money for a children's charity.
New auction items will be added during the three weeks.

This is a great idea, and a good chance for collectors to get some very
unique models, including some pictured in The Ultimate LEGO Book.

Correct link

<http://www.legoland.com/business/press/newenglandauction.htm?csref=_auction>

Its interesting to see that there has been a shift in the ideals of the
company, where "Only The Best is good enough", and a tough policy on
destruction of old models that DO NOT represent the Lego brand and values,
to the extent of prohibiting employees to have old models at their own desks,
to an auction of old, discolored and water damaged models that have expired
their life are released to the public.

I guess times change.

I remember when we recieved these models from the Orlando LEGO store that LEGO
was very concerned about how we would use them and represent the LEGO company

But now days they seem to have relaxed some, when I recieved our most recent
models no one seem to care about what we did with them.

jt