 LEGOLAND / California / 662
Re: Plus 5, Minus 1?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 06:49:37 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, John Cooper wrote:
I was at LLCA Feb 14 and enjoyed seeing the new Block of Fame and Art of Lego
attraction. I noticed that the new park map showed all five of the new
attractions planned for this spring and summer. The opening dates are shown for
upcoming attractions.

I was looking closer at the map tonight, and see that the Spellbreaker has
disappeared from the map. I know the ride has been closed while some possible
safety concerns were addressed. I noticed that the metal tube fencing in the
ride waiting line area had been removed. At first I thought it was for basic
maintenance, but now I wonder if the ride is going to be removed.

Anyone out there have any info on the future of this ride?

-bumps over to .california-

I have been told by a few different employees that they were going to tear it
down. But other employees tell me thats not true... but all signs are pointing
to a tear-down. It has been closed for over a year and as you mentioned they are
starting to take parts of it down already.

Never did find out what the problem was, but it must have been pretty major for
it to be closed this long (I have never seen anybody working on it).

Mark P
LOB