 LEGOLAND / California / 608
Re: getting from Anaheim to Legoland Carlsbad without a car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 01:54:50 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Kerry Raymond wrote:
   I’m likely to be in Anaheim, CA in late October for OOPSLA, so I have the opportunity to visit Legoland before/afterwards.

However, is there a way to get from Anaheim to Carlsbad without driving myself? I don’t particularly like driving in the US because I know from past experience that I do not enjoy driving on the “wrong side” of the road.

The official Lego WWW site says this about public transport (see below), but it’s all meaningless to me as I don’t know where the North County Transit, Metrolink, Amtrak etc operate from, and the phone numbers given aren’t very helpful to me in Australia. Is any of this information relevant to someone coming from Anaheim?

Kerry

Public Transportation Scheduled daily bus tours are available; check with your hotel/motel staff.

Bus and Train Information: San Diego City buses - (619) 233-3004 North County Transit District Bus and Coaster - (760) 722-6283 Metrolink - (800) 371-5465 Amtrak - (800) USA-RAIL

The North County Transit District provides service from south Carlsbad to San Marcos on route 344 and has a stop in front of the ticket booths at LEGOLAND. Route 344 also connects with the Coaster rail service at Carlsbad Village Station located just a few short miles from LEGOLAND. For schedules or other information on Route 344, call (800) COMMUTE.

Here’s a handy link http://www.sdcommute.com/

That will provide you with info of the North Co. Transit District.

My own suggestion from Anaheim to LL-CA would be something like this:

1.) Take the Amtrak from Anaheim to Oceanside. You will be arriving at the Oceanside Transit Center where you can easily catch local bus routes.

2.) From the transit center you’ll want to catch route 101 southbound and ask for a transfer.

3.) You’ll want to get off at the Carlsbad Village transit stop where you’ll catch the route 344 to LL-CA.

I recommend Amtrak vs. Metrolink or Coaster because Amtrak runs more frequently between Anaheim and Oceanside than Metrolink and the Coaster doesn’t go to Anaheim.

HTH

Adr.