 LEGOLAND / California / 607
606  |  608
Subject:
getting from Anaheim to Legoland Carlsbad without a car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:08:18 GMT

I'm likely to be in Anaheim, CA in late October for OOPSLA, so I have the
opportunity to visit Legoland before/afterwards.

However, is there a way to get from Anaheim to Carlsbad without driving
myself? I don't particularly like driving in the US because I know from past
experience that I do not enjoy driving on the "wrong side" of the road.

The official Lego WWW site says this about public transport (see below), but
it's all meaningless to me as I don't know where the North County Transit,
Metrolink, Amtrak etc operate from, and the phone numbers given aren't very
helpful to me in Australia. Is any of this information relevant to someone
coming from Anaheim?

Kerry

Public Transportation
Scheduled daily bus tours are available; check with your hotel/motel staff.

Bus and Train Information:
San Diego City buses - (619) 233-3004
North County Transit District Bus and Coaster - (760) 722-6283
Metrolink - (800) 371-5465
Amtrak - (800) USA-RAIL

The North County Transit District provides service from south Carlsbad to
San Marcos on route 344 and has a stop in front of the ticket booths at
LEGOLAND. Route 344 also connects with the Coaster rail service at Carlsbad
Village Station located just a few short miles from LEGOLAND. For schedules
or other information on Route 344, call (800) COMMUTE.