 LEGOLAND / California / 518
Re: Pick-A-Brick at LLCA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 03:55:13 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Mark Papenfuss writes:
In lugnet.legoland.california, John Cooper writes:
"LEGO Brick's by the Pound!
Coming soon to LEGOLAND®!

Beginning May 15th, LEGOLAND visitors can pick the exact shape and color of
bricks they want to create their own unique masterpieces! Choices include
over 400 different kinds of bricks in all colors of the rainbow, sold by
weight when your selection is complete.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

The LLCA website has been updated, and now shows May 23 as the beginning
date for Bricks by the Pound.

Not surprising at all. I just did not see how they were going to prep the
room in such a short amount of time. I was there today and they ARE in the
process of fixing up the room (the clubhouse and factory tour are closed). I
peeked inside and saw that the counter where the old 'bulk bricks' were has
been torn out - and the display that was behind it is gone. it *looks* like
they are getting ready to put in a door that will leads to/from the factory
tour... I also looked inside the windows at the factory tour and it looked
like there was something going on in the area where the door could be
leading to the clubhouse. Also missing from the clubhouse is all the food
selling area, and all of the Bionicle items. I asked a few MC's and all were
clueless as to what was going on, or when it would actually be open.

Just to follow up a bit - I was there again today and the room still looks
nowhere close to being ready. I would really be shocked if they had that
room ready by the 23rd they are saying now.

I have this to say, Legoland, CA is a *mush* bigger procrastinator than I am!

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com