 LEGOLAND / California / 46
Re: Lighting LEGOLAND California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 01:39:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Just bumped into this.

"Electrical Contractor," (a trade mag)'s November 1999 cover story is about
wiring Legoland California. Pretty interesting to read. The audience for the
article is not of the LEGO fan kind, so it's strictly business. There are a • few
good pictures -- of things like huge $15,000 projection spotlights and little
low-voltage spotlights for the mini-monuments. Check it out if you can.

The story is online, sans pictures:
http://www.ecmag.com/

"Morrow-Meadows Lights up Legoland: A California amusement park
presented unique challenges"  By Michael DeFilippo

Hi Suzanne and everyone,

I went to LEGOLAND CA 10 days ago. It was really fun. I saw the "lighting up
LEGOLAND" on a seasonly brochure they gave us at the front, so my family and I
went to see it as a final treat, a little bit before we left.
The show was nice. In the background was a story about a lamplighter that lit
up cities around the US after a blackout before Christmas (IIRC). There wasn't
any lego involved in the story, but the lighting was all around Miniland (1)
which was definitely full of lego :-)
It was very nice and impressive. There was a cute feature in NY, NY - Santa in
his sleigh riding around the chrysler tower (I think that's the name). When
the lighting up started, one of the reindeer (rudolph, obviously) started
blinking with a red nose...

-Shiri

(1) That's the real/realistic-cities around the world built of lego. CA
features Washington D.C., NY NY, New Orleans and San Francisco, plus another
fictional town with docks and more. Other LEGOLAND parks feature different
towns/sites.