 LEGOLAND / California / 436
Re: Brick or Treat brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:56:22 GMT

What day did you go to the park? They gave out a different brick to the
first few on Sunday. I am trying to figure out what brick is the common one.
Here is a scan of the 2 bricks:

http://www.landofbricks.com/images/bot1.jpg
and
http://www.landofbricks.com/images/bot2.jpg

We were waiting in line for it to open on Sunday. We were among the first 30
to do the Brick or Treat on Sunday and got the one with the Legoland Brick
or Treat logo on it. But later on in the day we saw kids with the one with
the Lego logo on it. We made another run thru the Brick Or Treat path and
got the Lego logo one. This took me by surprise. In years past the brick
given out at the park had the Brick or Treat legoland logo on it, and the
ones given out in the Lego stores had the Lego logo on it.

When we got home from the park we checked our mail and there was a flyer
from Legoland for the holiday things going on and they had a picture of the
Brick or Treat brick with the Lego logo on it in the flyer.

But I would really love to figure out what the story is on these 2 bricks.

I am putting together a page with pictures for the Brick or Treat
clebration, I will post here when I finish it up.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com

In lugnet.legoland.california, Mike McKee writes:
This year's "Brick or Treat" brick is a yellow Duplo 1x2x2 with LEGO on one
side, and a Count Dracula minifig rendering (holding a trick or treat bag)
with "Happy Halloween" on the other side.  I didn't attend last year's
event, but two years ago the kids received a map of the park showing a
location in each area that was giving away a treat (that was really fun for
the kids).
The brick or treat trail this year is located on a small pathway in Castle
Hill, just north of the Spellbreaker entrance.  Less fun for the kids, but
less walking for dad!  Brick or Treat started at 2:00 pm this year.

Mike