 LEGOLAND / California / 416
    Touring Yoda's final resting place? —Jeremy Scott
   A question: Will the touring Yoda have a final resting place that anyone knows of? I saw in these pics (URL) this sculpture has some history. Couple the signatures, the fact it commemerates the release of Star Wars Episode II and the new lego line (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Touring Yoda's final resting place? —Ahui Herrera
   (...) From what I have been told by others who have been lucky enough to visit the LEGO's sculpture dept. most (95%) big sculptures used in displaye/events/etc.. end up getting boxed and stored away. When Tim C. (from www.ldraw.org) visited the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Touring Yoda's final resting place? —Tim Courtney
   Ahui - Latest I heard, I think from a model designer there, they recently went through the process of getting rid of a lot of old models they were never going to re-use. I don't remember details, but for some reason this sticks in my mind. -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Touring Yoda's final resting place? —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) A little further to this.... I helped dis-assemble the Yoda when it was in NYC. I helped pack it up onto skids as well. If I recall correctly, there were 3 or 4 skids full of the bricks used to make the sculpture (plus the light saber--which (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Touring Yoda's final resting place? —Erik Olson
     Since the 2x10 bricks I've got from the LLC shop appear played with, I speculate they came from a sculpture... maybe the ultimate resting place is the bulk bins at LLC. (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Touring Yoda's final resting place? —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) Hmm, I wonder if the teeth marks in your bricks match my teeth? We didn't locate the Brick Separater until we were finished... Jonathan (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Touring Yoda's final resting place? —Gabe Bark
   (...) This is crazy. With all the AFOLs around, not to mention parents with money, why isn't TLC auctioning off these sculptures? They could donate the proceeds (or part of the proceeds) to a children's charity of some sort. From a PR stand point (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Touring Yoda's final resting place? —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Hi Gabe, That could certainly be the case. I think I am correct in stating that we came to our own conclusions regarding the bricks used for sculptures turning up at LLC as bulk bricks. TLC could very well be doing as you mentioned. Thanks (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.starwars)