 Star Wars / 13478
Re: Touring Yoda's final resting place?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:45:08 GMT

Ahui -
Latest I heard, I think from a model designer there, they recently went
through the process of getting rid of a lot of old models they were never
going to re-use.  I don't remember details, but for some reason this sticks
in my mind.

-Tim

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera writes:

From what I have been told by others who have been lucky enough to visit the
LEGO's sculpture dept. most (95%) big sculptures used in
displaye/events/etc.. end up getting boxed and stored away.  When Tim C.
(from www.ldraw.org) visited the sculpture dept. a while back he said he saw
models that he remembered were on display when he was a child (some 10
years).  Some were in boxes and other where just out collecting dust.  I
don't think the yoda will have a final home where all can see it unless a
legoland decides to display it indoors.  The yoda in the images above has
NOT been treated for outdoor use as ALL the other models on display at
legoland are.  Making it an outdoor model would unfortunaly require a) using
glue and protective coating and b) disambling to reassamble with glue.

So *I THINK* that the yoda will end up back at the model shop sitting
somewhere with the rest of the star war lego models that have NOT been give
away as contest prized.

-AHui