 LEGOLAND / California / 382
Re: OT: Slightly: Hotel recommendations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:29:05 GMT

"Lawrence Wilkes" <l.wilkes@btinternet.com> writes:
Coming to california this summer.
Just booked the flights to San Diego

Any hotel recommendations for San Diego and Carlsbad or surrounding
area.

Currently looking at a condo at the Carlsbad Inn for part of the stay.

Anyone first hand experience of this or others?

Preferences:
3star plus
Beach or marina
Balance of quality and cost.
Family of 4 so suite or oversized rooms

If money is no object, the Grand Palisades is nice.  I didn't go in
any of the rooms though.  But it is walking distance to the park -
just across the street.

A more economical route (and I *did* stay there) is the nearby Motel
6.  There's one not at all far from the park.  I doubt they have
suites but there might be adjoining rooms (with a door between).  It
too is walkable, if you're in good condition and have 20-30 minutes to
spare.

We also camped at the Casitas Poquitas RV Park in Oceanside, which I
don't recommend.  The tent spaces are next door to the dog run, and
the RV residents (it seems to be mostly a residential park) walk their
dogs at all hours of the night...

--Bill.