 LEGOLAND / California / 263
Re: Carlsbad URLs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:39:32 GMT

In lugnet.people, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Some links... stuff I had found. not all are of the useful type, but I figured
I'd toss them out there.

-Suz
<snipped a few links, just the ons I am not commenting on, lol>

Karl Strauss Brewery
http://www.karlstrauss.com/
I see this place in my future..

I LOVE this place! The food is excellent! And the beer.... man, do not even
get me started on the beer! My favorite is the Gaslamp Ale, good stuff! They
have a cool 'beer sampler' (think appetizer sampler, but with beer, lol)
When you go to Legoland (and you are going to Legoland, right?? (lol) you
will pass this place, it is on the same road you take to get to LL, and is
about 1/4th of a mile away from the entry gates. This was (and stil will be,
lol) on the list of things in Carlsbad. I will give more detailed info on it
later, but it will be all good reviews!

City of Carlsbad official site (with a text version! Ahhhh..)
http://www.ci.carlsbad.ca.us/
Look up crime rates
lol, watch them Legos! The biggest problem I think carlsbad has is
skateboarders, and even that is no big deal.

Flower Fields VR tour with interactive map
http://www.flowerfields.in-carlsbad.com/
http://www.carlsbad.ca.us/flowers.html
Yes, if the time is right all you will see is flowers and strawberrys, it is
a sight to see.

Coool aerial view of Carlsbad:
http://www.carlsbad.ca.us/images/aerial.jpg
that's an insane amount of flowers!

Biplane Sightseeing Rides and Air Combat and Warbird Flights
3 miles from LEGOLAND California
http://www.barnstorming.com/
I did not know about this place. That would explain why I always see lots
and biplanes buzzing around above legoland and my dad's place when I am up
there. I thought it was just because the palomar airport was close by. there
are also hot-air balloon rides somewhere just south of LL, I see them in the
air when I am on the way home - it is very cool to se 10-15 of these things
just floating above you while you drive down the freeway. I am looking for
some of these places also.

Carlsbad Children's Museum
300 Carlsbad Village Drive #103
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone:  (760) 720-0737
http://www.museumforchildren.org/
I'm not sure how lively this place is -- haven't updated their site in
almost 4 yrs.
lol, I take my son to the one in downtown SD, that one is really nice (but
does not hold a candle to the one in Los Angeles).

I snipped one of the links that said LL was 60 mins south of Los Angeles,
and 30 mins north of San Diego - From my experience, it is a little closer
to 45 mins from SD to LL (coming from close to downtown SD, which is by the
airport) and 60 mins from LA? HUH? I think that is a _low_ estimate, but I
must admit I have never timed it from LA to LL. I will look into this also.
lol, it looks like I am going to be busy with this, good thing its fun! lol.
@ :^)~
Mark P.
mfuss903@aol.com