 LEGOLAND / 211
Re: New MASK!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 07:52:49 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Gregg Keefer writes:
In lugnet.legoland, Andrew Eade writes:

and Gregg, how did you make thiose??? They kick ass!!!! Please LMK cause I
need to make soem Purple masks!

It was a matter of making a silicone mold of a Hau mask and the casting it
in clear plastic with a color tint, I can make then red yellow, blue or any
color in between, even metallic. Same with the opaques though the metallics
don't look good at all in the material. It's all very high tech using a
pressure casting rig I use in my job (I'm a commercial sculptor). The
equipment would run you about a 1000 bucks, you'll need a compressor and a
regulated pressure tank. The clear material costs about a 100 bucks for a 2
gallon kit. The Silicon rubber is about 6 bucks a pound and also needs to be
cured under pressure to keep bubbles out of the mold.
You need to cast under about 70 PSI to keep bubbles out of your casts.
Like I said, all very high tech!

Gregg

Gregg I have a proposition for you, check your email. ;)