 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 997
Re: 1x in Bulk Please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:09:41 GMT

Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Lite Blue, White, Clear,
Black, Brown, Tan, Gray, Dark gray,

Plates: 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 1x12, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 2x8,
2x12, 2x16, 4x4, 4x6, 4x8, 4x12, 6x6, 6x8, 6x12, 6x14, 6x14, 6x16

Bricks: 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 1x12, 1x16, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6,
2x8, 2x10, 2x12

Tiles: 1x1, 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, 1x8, 2x2

Lets do a little selective reduction:

The following are not _AS_ needed
Blue
Red
Black
White
Green
Yellow

1x1,1x2,1x3,1x4,1x8,2x2,2x3,2x4,2x6

Because they are available in the 3033 buckets.  We would be better served for
bricks like that in true bulk quantities (IE, allow someone other than TLG to
get K8's or the like of them...10,000 bricks/time kind of deal, not 100)

I'd like to see the 1x bricks, and some of the architectural elements (2x2
rounds) in Tan as a choice. One cannot build a decent 1x walled building with
only 1x2 bricks.  Trust me, you need 1x1 and 1x3 as well, at the very least.
Along with some architectural elements to add details.

(my current railway station has @5000 1x2's in it...at least!, but also
includes around 2000 1x1 and 1x3 bricks, for framing in windows and suchlike)

How about a fairly large building, along the lines of the Statute of Liberty
for pricemark, but made of Tan.  Lots of 45% slopes, and wedges, windows and
arches.

I know Brad Hamilton has a all tan Ldraw building up, that is a good basis for
a set like this! (perhaps even talk to him about licensing the design)

James Powell