 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 680
Re: LEGO.new is coming [but not to Australia :( ]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:00:12 GMT

3) LA selecting which sets get sent to toy-shops, and not allowing the
toyshops as much choice on what they get. [After the first delivery of sets
from each line, they can order what they want, but they have some sets
forced on them that just sit there. IE, my local toy shop [a small store]
had between 40 and 60 6709's, 8 6975's, and a few other sets that just sit
on the shelf till they get discounted. [and how would LA expect a small
store to sell 40 copies of a discontinued set?]
I notice that a lot of the older lego I have seen lately is insectoids,
that seems to be making a comeback, probobly LA is clearing excess
inventory and drawing names out of a hat for stores that are to get the
stock.

The problem with lego sales in australia is that more and more lego is
sold through a small handfull of stores (coles myer is most definatly
the largest retailer of lego in australia I would think)