 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 679
Re: LEGO.new is coming [but not to Australia :( ]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 04:44:40 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
And to think...I'd been under the assumption that an international company
should try and treat all countries they serve equally, and not favor one
over another. [It's a pity that TLG aren't like this] After all, if they had
any intention of getting S@H going internationally, why not work on getting
it ready in all countries they intend it to be in before announcing
anything...Oh, my mistake...that's what they did. It's nice to see that they
actually expanded outside their target country(s).

While I agree totally with your general comments about TLG & LA, I must point
out that, having been involved in launching an international e-commerce site,
this is probably not achievable. The logistics in delivering products to many
different countries is hard enough in "old fashioned" mail-order systems. When
you have to be able to co-ordinate all that from a web-site, it's just not
feasible to get it all arranged before any announcement (or launch).

However, I think maybe a better strategy for TLG would've been to try to get
the new stuff happening first in countries which are currently under-
supported, including Australia. Roll-out to other countries subsequently would
then be a snap in comparison.....

Just my $.02

ROSCO