 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6078
6077  |  6079
Subject:
Lego Train sets spotted in Historic Rail catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:37:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I get a catalog from Historic Rail (www.historicrail.com)

They are a seller of railroad books, art, and memorabilia. They have in the past
featured a small selection of HO scale (and other scale models). I just got
their latest catalog and they started carrying LEGO!

On the back cover, they have the ATSF Warbonnet loco and the Super Chief cars.
It's linked to an inside page, where they have the Engine Shed, the Level
Crossing, all the track types, the motor, and the speed regulator.

All of it is at full retail, and in the limited space they devote to an item,
it's not necessarily clear what you need to buy to get a complete set.

However I think this is significant penetration. I don't recall this retailer
having LEGO before.

FUT set to market.shopping...