 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5239 (-20)
  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) I am thinking that there is a FAQ entry in here somewhere on weight. I am pressed for time but - engines benefit from more weight, up to a point... additional weight (especially over the drivers) gives additional traction/adhesion. The 4561 is (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) My observation : Most LEGO engines are simply too light! The motor has more power, but it can't be transferred onto the track because of the lack of grip. With my 4551 Crocodiles and my MOC DB211 I added some weight bricks, as found in old 12v (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Black Seas Barracuda sets sail again!

More good news! As you probably know, we asked the LEGO fans to vote on what LEGO Legend they wanted to see come back the most. The winner was the Black Seas Barracuda pirate ship. As of today, you can pre-order this set through Shop At Home! (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) Glad to know its not just me who was puzzled by this. (...) Man, every story I hear gets me more depressed! I don't own any ATSF stuff yet. I decided to wait for the cars to come out and an LD "kit" offer since my LEGO budget is limited. I now (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) I'm in the same boat, not a train expert but had the same thoughts as your posting. (...) My thoughts exactly when I saw the offer. (...) Naahhh!!!! Hope not. (...) Artistically you still need the B-unit to create the piece de la resistance. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

Hi, I'm not a LEGO trains expert so I'm curious to see other people's opinions on this. I should make a point to say that I'm thrilled that LEGO Direct has provided the ATSF products, and my theories are just for curiosity sake, not to imply (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) This is a real shame. These sound like pretty basic (ie avoidable) faults. Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur's Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) I was going to add a small followup to this discussion last night, but it got too late. So, I'll followup to Ben's post, even though my followup is only indirectly related to what Ben is saying. Sorry about that. I've got one Santa Fe, and one (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Ben, already done! Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) Hmm. Perhaps this is a US thing (?), the only 2001 train sets we have in non-lego shops in the UK are what looks like superfluous LD stock sold at a slight discount. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Dear Jake, I would additionally beg you to give this information into your production and quality control. Here we are all adults and train heads, our trains are not operated too much and we have tons of stuff. If I have 40 wheelsets with (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Dean, sounds like your wheels had some production errors. I would encourage you to call our Consumer Services Center and ask them to send you some replacements. They should be able to get them to you in no time. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message news:H3LtG2.JDn@lugnet.com... (...) should (...) lines) (...) problem (...) I'm finding little reason to the whole friction issue. My CN engine has two motors on it and it runs very fast on (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) At least 95% of these waggons have been new (or like new). All we did, was giving them a short look on the bottom side: if a wheel block is not attached perfectly, then the wagon will run on only 3 wheels and cause higher friction. All waggons (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) rolling before using them in the record attempt? (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

Call me crazy, but I believe there is a limit to how much weight one should stack atop a 9V train motor. My previous V188 double-diesel was solidly built...too much so, for I had to raise the controller up two or three notches just so it could keep (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Has anybody checked the wheel sets? Lego had some minor problems with the Legend Metro-Liner and they seem to have major problems with grey (Santa Fe + coaches) wheel sets now (as I heared from several people till now). These do not run as (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

Cary Clark wrote in message ... (...) 15 (...) Interesting - Jeremy Rear brought his Santa Fe ABA set to NWBrickcon this weekend and it kept slowing down to a crawl at certain places on the track for no discernible reason. Good old Thomas the Tank (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) Hey Tim, it looks like the Exclusive Train Set is available from Target.Com for $160 US. A little pricey overall, but if you were really interested, I am sure that an AFOL south of the border could offer some assistance. A blue passenger coach (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) No, as those were in the original. The timber wall is the tudor wall, and the rounded castle walls are the corner walls (12 of them, cool!). -Stefan- (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact