 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5174
Re: Rip-off Europe again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:09:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Kerry Raymond writes:
[On the price of the new Imperial Star Destroyer in different countries]
theory on the Australian low price (my pre-order is in!) is that 70,000
Australian declared their religion to be Jedi in the recent census, so
therefore Imperial Star Destroyers are religious icons and hence sales tax
exempt.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Allister McLaren writes:
I seem to recall the Imperials weren't too keen on the Jedi. In fact, didn't
they try to wipe them out (all of them)?

Yeah, but with the Empire defeated, wouldn't you pick one up if they were
going cheap?  I mean, it must be worth it, just for the spare parts!  :-)

Jason J Railton