 Local / United Kingdom / 8604
Re: Rip-off Europe again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:33:45 GMT

[On the price of the new Imperial Star Destroyer in different countries]

172, USA (269USD, current price, regular price seems to be 299 when
switching to a US shopping basket)
173, Australia    (499AUD)

Perhaps the 'Lucas Tax' is less in the USA.

My theory on the Australian low price (my pre-order is in!) is that 70,000
Australian declared their religion to be Jedi in the recent census, so
therefore Imperial Star Destroyers are religious icons and hence sales tax
exempt.

Kerry