 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5168
Re: Rip-off Europe again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:25:22 GMT

Huw

I completely agree with your comments. The Lego Shop@Home pricing policy in
the UK has got completely out of hand. I'm afraid that it appears to me, a
life-long Lego fan and consumer, that the company is now shamelessly
exploiting the UK market and profiteering to an extreme degree. However, you
only have to take a straw poll among people to realise that the backlash has
now begun - and that the company is in serious danger of losing its support
within both the UK fan and consumer groups.

You may be interested to know that I officially asked Lego Customer Services
for an explanation of the rip-off pricing of the Santa Fe train cars in the
UK. I got a reply from a supposed "newbie" member of staff that made some
extrordinary reading. However, when I asked whether I might publish his
explanation to Lugnet, his supervisor replied effectively pleading that I
didn't - as it might damage Lego's relations with the AFOL community! Well,
all I have to say is that I don't think it now needs me to publicly publish
Lego's words - as the company is ruining its reputation all by itself with
its utter contempt for its UK (and wider European) customer base. [And yes,
all interested parties may contact me for a copy of the transcript!]

Andy

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
Imperial Star Destroyer from S@H

US$ 269
GBP 224
EUR 329, in Germany

That's a massive GBP 50 more in the UK and Germany. How can this be
justified!!

Huw