 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4899 (-5)
  RE: Spybotics demo followup questions

(...) [...] (...) If a SB unit can send/receive VLL on top of having "RCX/Scout compatible" IR comms, is this scenario possible: A CyberMaster (using a VLL output pgrm) sends a VLL message to the SB unit that will send some other IR message to the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spybotics demo followup questions

Now that I think about it, I didn't really like the reasoning behind making a serial product instead of usb. It actually sounds like an excuse to me... Not quite quoted words were, "this product is designed more for children who have hand-me-down (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spybotics demo followup questions

No, it sounds like a 256 byte scratch pad/heap/whatever. But do we have to reverse engineer these things? I would have thought TLC would have seen the light and would make our life easier this time around. --Jack Gregory "John Hansen" (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spybotics demo followup questions

(...) According to an e-mail I received from Michael Anderson regarding the Spybotic brick there is "4k EEPROM for persistent program storage (256 bytes available for general use)" To me this sounded like only 256 bytes were available for downloaded (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spybotics demo followup questions

While I doubt you'd legally be able to answer this, I'm going to ask anyways, just in case you CAN... How hard would it be to replace the EEPROM with one with a larger memory capacity? ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Sun ONE Internet Technical Support, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact