 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4478
Re: Episode II Products at Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:01:20 GMT

Man there are a lot of "funky" colors in these sets.  Because this is a license
I am sure it is to best match the actual ships/figs etc. so I don't think this
was just TLC using colors for the heck of it.

Never-the-less I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing (from a MOC
POV).  I like new colors but I would rather have 1 new color in quatity and a
variety of different pieces before I got 5 new colors in a small variety of
parts.

Again this isn't a knock on LEGO but I think all the new colors could reduce an
AFOL's interest in buying the sets in quantity.  Although it could work the
other way to.  It probably won't effect TLC's bottom line much in the end but I
thought it would be an interesting discussion.

Because this isn't really a TLC or LD related discussion point I have reset
follow-ups to this post to .general.

Eric Kingsley

P.S. to avoid controversy I am removing Jake's flog which was appropriate for
.lego.direct but might not be appretiated in .general.  If you want to see
Jake's post please go up one post from this one.

And only a few more weeks until the movie!!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Sr. Producer