 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4276
    Re: Going once, going twice, sold! —Bryan Kinkel
   Jake, I really like the display base designed for the Super Chief in this auction. Great work. I understand it increases costs to produce and print an instruction book for these extremely limited editions. And given an hour or two, I'm sure the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Going once, going twice, sold! —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I think the display base is glued up to avoid any need for instructions. That's what Jake's note that you're quoting says, anyway. (the note speaks of it being glued in two sections for ease of shipping, presumably one section is the vertical (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Going once, going twice, sold! —Bryan Kinkel
   (...) Understood. I just think it would be nice for younger fans (and those who don't have the time or patience to translate a photo to a model) to be able to get instructions and parts inventory for the display base. It is a pretty neat base LD put (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Going once, going twice, sold! —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Roger Roger to all of the above. (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)