 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3981
Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:46:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.eu, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GpFJ64.LBE@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.eu, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

With LEGO's European wide e-commerce from Denmark there wont be any
local price differences for VAT.

Right, I think that's what The Economist was driving at... that these sorts
of inexplicable variances will, over time, either become explicable or
become invariant, and that when they become invariant, competitive pressure
will tend to cause them to be equalized at lower price points rather than
higher.

No. I meant there isn't any VAT difference at all, now. Period
In the EU VAT is charged at the rate of the selling country, not
the customers country.
So the VAT will always be the Danish rate.

Sorry if it wasn't clear but I was agreeing with you... this is an
inexplicable variance that over time would expected to become invariant,
hopefully at the lower price points. That's the thesis of The Economist, and
my hope as well.