 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3904
Re: Anyone Else Notice the stairs Problem, Lego can you help??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 06:13:23 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Doyle Nelson writes:
Hello,

I purchased a large order from several people of Harry Potter Light Gray stairs.

Upon building I noticed that some of the stairs overhang the others. I then
observed that some had different grooves than the others and only worked
when placing them at opposite ends or 180 degrees. I first thought there might
be some special purpose to this, but upon calculating the pieces I bought and
how many special pieces, I found the math doesn't add up!

So 26% of my stairs were these different grooves, yet the number would be
off per stair set to say, yes, 6 stairs per 16, but this is not the case.

I have a feeling that these are defective and that I am not the only one
having this problem. Can someone out there Lego etc. help me with this issue?

Because I seriously believe there may be a wide spread of defective parts on
the harry potter stairs.

Anyone else notice this?

Doyle

I spoke with a rep. at S@H and they want me to send ALL of the "Bad" pieces
to be replaced and they are looking into it to see if there might have been
a mistake with all the HP stairs. I would check your stairs if I were you!:-)

Doyle