 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3844
Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 19:57:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Siskind writes:
Hello everyone!

I was as surprised and to see this post as anyone last night.  I obviously
knew of this set, but I don't think this is how LD intended to unveil their
first MOC product.  I don't mean to scold the folks of Lugnet for jumping the
gun, but this post took the wind out of the sails of any official announcement
to be made by Lego Direct, which I presume was scheduled for today...

Hi everyone (but expecially Dan and the FINE folks at LD) -

Now I feel really bad about posting about this set yesterday. I found it on the
Lego website, so I assumed that it was public knowledge, and that I was simply
out of the loop. I had no intention of spoiling the surprise, or of taking the
wind out of anyone's sails. My heartfelt appologies for any hurt feeling I may
have (unintentionally) caused.

Others have said it, but it bears repeating - the folks at LD are doing some
fabulous work. They (and Dan, of course) deserve all the credit for this set,
and for all of the other great things they are doing.

- Paul