 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3719
3718  |  3720
Subject:
The Globe (was Re: Ordering custom models from Lego)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:49:05 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Morton writes:
I was just browsing around in the .announce newsgroup and noticed this

"And in 2002, we will begin a program where LEGO builders will be able
to build any three dimensional creation using free software to create
building instructions for their model - and then order the appropriate
number and type of bricks," says Torben Ballegaard Sørensen."

This statment was made in 2000 and I have heard nothing more...

I have a related question, regarding the beautiful LEGO globe on the
cover of the latest? mania magazine.  Are plans/instructions of some
sort for it (sans lights) available?  Is it perhaps soon to be released
as a sculpture?  I would like to make one.

SRC
LUGNet#765
http://AmicusGroupInc.com/SRC/