 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3552
Re: what makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:17:18 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Steve Demlow writes:
Lego Direct cannot, as a matter of policy, create new molds for its sets,

Pardon me, but how do you know this?  I'd like to see a reference for this
statement.  Has Brad, or someone else, stated this emphatically somewhere
before?

Oh man...I remember seeing a post where Brad did say this (at BrickFest™),

Is that a TM or an SM?  GRIN.

but I'll be darned if I can remember where/who.

Larry might be the one to remember...he may have been the one who posted it
originally.

I cannot confirm or deny that Brad said this.

Brad did mention not having old molds in his first message in this thread:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3462

Larry brings up Brad's cost vs. sales dilema here:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=31612

These are the things I could find in a quick LUGNET search.

Matt

++Lar