 General / 31612
Re: The Legend is alive - #10000 has been SHIPPED !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:01:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christian Gemünden writes:
In lugnet.general, Christian Gemünden writes:

Here it is:

http://www.brickmaster.de/Guarded

Follwing still the same link, you can now view more images along with a
short set review. I'm a little dissapointed right now. If you want to know
why, check the link!

I think the lowered printing quality is disappointing. There may be
explanations for it (like that they lost the original silkscreens or
whatever and had to work from photographs because they didn't have the
budget to do a complete reproduction (that was speculation, I have no real
idea)). The mold sprue dimples are also too bad.

But I am not too upset about substituting new style torsoe, heads, etc. for
old because that's just the way it is. Those old part molds are long gone,
no doubt (how many minifig heads have been molded over the years??)

Bringing GI back as a perfect repro would have no doubt driven the cost to
outrageous levels to where only the most rabid fans would buy it. Meaning
Brad wouldn't make his numbers and no more bringbacks (that was speculation,
I have no real idea)) after this one. And that would be a real shame.

I myself suspect I will be satisfied for what I get at the price point I get
it for. (I can only suspect since I don't have mine yet...)