 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3537
Re: what makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:25:47 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Scott Sanburn writes:
Brad & All,
The first three offerings in the series -- the Guarded Inn, Metroliner, and
Club Car not only meet the above criteria, but are as faithful to their
originals as we could possibly make them. Setting aside boneheaded mistakes
like (doh!) putting an Indian horse in a medieval castle set (unless, of
course, you were going for the "Tudor Teepee" look),

LOL! : )

Heehee!  Actually, since I never bought the Wild West Native sets, and I
already have many Castle sets, the addition of this "Barbarian Horse" was
strangely welcome in my collection...

What a decision. Let me take a few sets that I would like to see. Galaxy
Explorer, or maybe the Blacktron 1 Alienator. Say you can get 80 or 90% of
the original parts. Just to get close, even with stickers... <snip>

Hey!  Now there's an idea... Imagine having a Blacktron Legend that could
only be produced with Stickers for the old triangular logo!  You could buy
extras and add the logo to all sorts of places on MOCs with Blacktron colors!

So here's my question for you all: how much compromise can you live with?
Should we just cross any older Town set off the consideration list because
we can't use the metal-axle wheelsets?

No, axles are not a big deal IMO... <snip>

  I agree with Scott on that one.  Actually I have found that the sets are
more verstile, with the easily removable wheelhubs.  Someone else's response
suggested using the newer design, but make the hubs red -that'd work nicely!

-2 more of my cents... (now that I've had time to read more of this thread)  :)
--Hendo