 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3492
  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Sure, there is SOME way (...) But that's it. Cost. This is a low budget operation and molds are not cheap. Precision tolerances are pricey. I have heard numbers batted around that I have a bit of faith in even though they were speculation... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) The solution here seems obvious... and free. Use more plain old regular bricks in the design of future sets. No need for new molds. No debates over specialized/juniorized parts. And best of all, more good old fashioned bricks with which to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) "every problem has a simple solution. Unfortunately, it's often wrong" Just thought I'd toss that out to ponder. (...) Great advice in general. Not a valid response to Geoffrey who is asking "why can't we have this part back that we don't have (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

To All, Something to think about in terms of mold cost. When I worked in a plastic injection molding plant in Fowlerville, Michigan, a few moons ago, they were making molds for various hard plastic parts for various customersd, such as Ford. A (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Strange quote. The way I've heard it is, "The best solution is often the simplest one." Maybe I should stop hanging around software engineers. :) (...) I wasn't really trying to answer Geoffrey's question. My apologies if it seemed that I was. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) <and later> (...) That's been my reading of the subject. LD has to go to the feeding trough as an intruding tendril of the company, rather than as its lifeblood--in a sense, it's a shoot off of the main vine that continues to get stronger, but (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)