 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3472
  Re: What makes a legend?

(...) Some specifics would help… If your alluding specifically to Space sets predating 1980 then we could easily determine which particular sets would likely be chosen for the 2002 up-coming Legends line. With this finite list and our resources we (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What makes a legend?

(...) I'd guess that compromises would include: No old style TV antenna on the top of the mini-base. This I could live without. I always thought it looked kind-of silly anyway. Just replace it with a straight antenna (use one like the two on top of (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What makes a legend?

(...) Yeah, I don't think of that one as a big loss in the age of cable, unless you were going for that 1950s-1970s look in a town MOC or something. (...) Actually, the crater plate probably exists. See this 1996 set in the database: (URL) No old (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What makes a legend?

Hurrah - I totally agree if one piece should be brought back this is it. unfortunately what people seem to have forgotten is that the visors on the knights in the yellow castle have probably also gone and they are kinda integral to the feel of the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What makes a legend?

(...) I had forgotten about this, but I think you may be right. Playing with these sets as a kid, I remember breaking many of these old style helmets. The common failure mode was the chin strap's inability to withstand the compressive force of a 40 (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)