 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3427
Re: s@home australia customs again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:45:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Drew writes:
Hi,
This S@H situation is getting stupid. I think we should put around a
petition (a 'real' one, on paper, which we can mail to Lego) stating that we
will boycott S@H until Lego rectifies this situation AND settles the UPS
problems with the people who currently have them.

In pure dollar terms, our business may not matter that much to Lego, but our
goodwill certainly goes a long way.

This may be a good option if it's not cleared up soon. However the people
currently having trouble most likely ordered (and more importantly shipped)
before this response http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3390 so LD would not
have had any easy way to get documentation to UPS until the orders actually
arrived in Aus, and the recipients were contacted.

However if these orders are not dealt with soon, and the problems continue with
orders arriving after a week or so, it's definitely something worth thinkin
about.

I do believe it would be good if LD were to at least send an e-mail to anyone
ordering (and who has ordered up to now) telling them of these problems, and
how to remedy it (assuming they've worked something out). It's possible there
are people who've ordered from Aus that haven't seen the posts here, and have
un-knowingly forked over all that extra tax.

ROSCO (hoping there's no problems with his order placed on 10/10)

(added .lego.direct)