 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3301
Re: LEGO Company position on third-party programs for LEGO MINDSTORMS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:27:26 GMT

The magazine Business 2.0 recently published an article on the LEGO Company,
hackers, and our position on development of alternative software and
operating systems for the LEGO MINDSTORMS product.  At the request of the
Paul Keegan, the author of the article, regarding the semantics of our
response (see http://news.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=40) to that article,
we are providing a clarification.  We wrote that "the article misquotes
several LEGO employees."  Though LEGO employees may not have been directly
misquoted in the story, we do believe strongly that employee comments were
taken out of context and reported in a misleading fashion.  Our Company
position, which unequivocally supports the hacker community in its
contributions to LEGO MINDSTORMS, remains unchanged.

Tomas Clark
Producer, LEGO Direct