 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3084
Re: Something interesting in the mech world...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 20:53:14 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Matthew Gerber writes:
Hey Mechyfriends,

So...I was in Toys "backwards-facing-R" Us the other day, and what do I see?

K*Nex has secured the Mechwarrior license (Microsoft owns that line now,
right?), and has produced (what I HATE to admit) a really good looking line.

(I see someone falling out of their chair at this pronouncement...I just
admitted that a K*Nex set looked good...apologies to those with weak
constitutions)

What a load of rubbish the K'nex product is. It looks like trash. This must
be their answear to the successful Star Wars line. Lego should retaliate
with a Robotech/Macross line. I'd love a Lego Destroid Monster or a YF-19.
The worst thing about K'nex is that it's only a framework, with Lego
evrything's filled in which gives the model's a feeling of solidity.

I bet if the K'nex ones even have joints they're nothing like the quality of
the Lego ones.

Steve