 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2825
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:08:37 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Stephen Rusnak writes:
I am hoping/dreading that one of the next sets will be 497.  Hoping,
because I would love to buy a small fleet of them.  Dreading, because
I just purchased my first on Ebay and would feel like an idiot.  I
guess better an idiot with a fleet than an idiot with just 1.  I guess
I will just have to buy a bunch to lower the average price paid.  Of
course this would not be so bad if it were not for the fact that I
just won the auction and have not even received the set yet

SR
LEGO Legend #497 sets soon please.

Whatever premium you paid for your first (at least current first) #497 will
be completely worth the joy of building something that you found to be so
valuable.  The #497 was obviously worth (to you) the price you paid for it.
If you can get more at a cheaper price, all the better, but buying something
at a mutually agreable price based on the best information available to you
certainly doesn't make you an idiot.

The rerelease of #497 would instantly bring me out of my current buying
slump.  My son would be thrilled to get one he can play with any time.

-John Van