 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2787
Re: Questions about backordering a set...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 22:41:26 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey Y'all:

Okay, so I backordered my lot of Guarded Inn sets...so far so good.

1. When will I actually be charged for this order -- today or when it ships?

they place an authorization on your card now, but won't be charged until it
ships.

2. If the totality of my order is sent in different parcels, will I be
charged for shipping on the other parcels, or just the shipping charge I
selected and agreed to during my online purchase?

just the shipping charge they tell you.

3. Can I add to this order by calling S@H on the phone and thereby possibly
save on shipping?

yeah, i suppose as long as the total cost stays within the dollar range of
the shipping charge.

4. What if I now want to add an order for a Mosiac or a My Own Train online,
can I add to this existing order or will it be another order altogether?

why do you want to keep adding to your order? to save on shipping? the my
own train will probably ship right away and the most you can probably save
will be 2.50.

of course, you could just CALL them and ask......

-- Hop-Frog (never having ordered from Lego.com before)