 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2582
Re: Promo set, why can't we have one made?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 02:41:49 GMT

Ah, but things have changed lately...

BTW, the UN set supposedly only had 3000 made, right?...
The new Bulk Sculptures are in plain B&W boxes...
The pumpkin only had instructions online...

So I would think that it would be relatively simple for LD to create a set
specially for Lugnet, with the instructions posted online.  The only thing that
would need to be special made would be the stickers, which would be up to Todd to
OK if they actually used the Lugnet logo.  They could even just plain-bag it like
the pumpkin, rather than printing up an expensive box.

I vote for a delivery van or a semi WITH trailer, a la 3442 (with trailer), 2148,
etc, etc.

John Neal wrote:

This idea has been floated before.  Unfortunately, although it *appears* these
runs are small, they actually run in the 10s of thousands.  They also *pay* TLC
for the marketing privilege. We may not think so, but we AFOLs on LUGNet are
barely a blip on the radar.

-John

Chris Giddens wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Chris Pederson writes:
We have seen various companies make small run promotional sets for their
companies.  Is there anyway we could find out how much this would cost and
if we could have a set/s made for say, Lugnet users.  Like a small knight
for castle guys, an imperial soldier for pirate Newsgroup, etc.

Havent come across a thread on this so I'm curious if anyone has looked into
this.

Sounds like a great contest to me!  Design the Lugnet Promo Set!

Chris G.  <><

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/