 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2250
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:34:46 GMT

TWS Garrison wrote:

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Frank Filz writes:

What about lugnet.announce.lsahs?

What about

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=8822

?  (Actually, I think Todd forgot, and has been busy. . .he's always busy, and
seems to have acquired a great many more news messages to read.  But this is
potentially important.)

Hmm, looks like Todd started to change his mind... Actually, if nothing
else changes, I would lobby very strongly for TLC being able to make
announcements in lugnet.announce.lsahs. What would be really cool is if
they started posting the weekly specials themselves (of course what they
really should be doing is posting them on www.lego.com, but it would be
nice for them to cc: Lugnet since their web site is so painful to use).
The lugnet.announce.lsahs charter might also want to be stretched a
little to include announcements of e-commerce deals on the www.lego.com
(I forget, is the e-commerce section of the web site LS@H, I don't think
so).

If that isn't done, would it be worth having lugnet.lego.sales where
they can post S@H specials, limited stock of older sets, post specials
at the LICs, Outlets, etc. In other words, a single place for TLC to
announce stuff which we might want to buy that is of a limited or timely
nature (i.e. posting "hey, the new XYZs are now available at S@H is ok,
I don't think they need to make a weekly post listing everything you can
order from S@H). My thought here is a place to get the scoop straight
from the horses mouth on the types of deals AFOLs would post if they
found out about them (and aren't gun shy because they got jumped all
over because they mentioned that they had been contacted directly about
a deal - hint - don't expect me to post anything like that again).

I've cross posted this to lugnet.lego.direct to give TLC the opportunity
to share with us what they might like in this area.

Frank