 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2180
    Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest Jake McKee
   Attention LEGO Train Fans! It’s not too late to enter the LEGO Shop At Home Train Car Building Contest! You could win the grand prize of building instructions of your original model created and published on www.LEGO.com for everyone to see, plus (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest —Tom McDonald
     (...) For all those interested, PLEASE DO. <snip> Hi Jake. Thanks for bringing this up. Please don't consider this post an attempt to rain on TLC's parade because I'm not writing to that end. I'm not beating up on you either. In fact, I'm glad you (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest —David K. Z. Harris
     In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee wrote to remind us of the Train Contest. While I applaud that LEGO has chosen to recognize the Train enthusiasts (including the "over 18" builders :-), I'm a bit disappointed in the claus that forces the builders to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest —John Neal
      (...) I wouldn't read too deeply into those clauses-- I'm sure it has to do with lawyering more than anything else. (...) Actually, are the contest and simple recognition mutually exclusive? I think you have a good idea in its own right, Zonk. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest —Christopher Masi
      It makes me sad that John is entering his models,[1] because I am entering some of my models too. Now I know that there will be some stiff competition :(. If I win I will continue to show my models on my web site. I hope and suspect that LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Still time to enter the LEGO Train Contest —Harvey Henkelman
   (...) I've entered a couple models of my own as well. And as for the issue of legal rights to our designs? Well, we must remember that LEGO is a fun pasttime and I know that I can never make a living off building with these either. So if LEGO takes (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)